Monday, August 31, 2009

48 Minutes Easy

That's what I ran this morning. And it felt really really good. I don't know why, I think it may have had something to do with the weather. It was perfect running temperature this morning at 7:30, probably low-70's and cloudy. I forget how much the heat really does affect my running. I think I maintained a steady pace of between 7:45-8:00 per mile. This is my standard "feel like a runner" run. Somewhere between 5-6 miles at a steady pace that is neither too easy or too hard. Finding that pace has taken me a while but I feel like after a few years, I've finally been able to accurately pace myself.

I also started cross-training more this week than I have all summer. This is another possibility why the run felt so good this morning. I'm a firm believer in cross-training and it's benefits to recovery as well as the prevention of running-related injuries. I've pretty much been running all summer since I usually go to my fiance's gym at Columbia but didn't get a summer membership. Now that school's starting up again, I have access to the gym again and I think my legs are thanking me for this. Do you cross-train or just run?



PS- BEST RUNNING SHOES EVER. The only thing I've run in since 2005:

No comments:

Post a Comment