Friday, August 28, 2009

New To the Blogging World

This is my first ever blog post. I am new to the world of blogging and honestly, I never ever thought I would start a blog in a million years. But here I am, writing away while the rain drips onto my AC unit and Project Runway plays in the background. I'm mostly doing this to help keep myself sane and somewhat organized during the next 10 months of wedding planning madness, as well as define my vision for the wedding . So I guess that's as good an intro as any. I am engaged, getting married next June, and in the process of planning a country wedding in my hometown for around 175 guests. Here are just a few (of many!) inspiration pictures:


tip











Hopefully this gives you some sense of what I'm envisioning for our wedding. Oh right, it's OUR wedding, not my wedding. Guess I should mention something about my fiance then, huh? In short, he's awesome. Right now, he's doing a summer internship as part of his MBA degree from Columbia University in Dallas, TX while I'm hanging out here in NYC (I'm a teacher so summer is full of gloriously free time). I miss him a lot but being on my own this summer has given me the opportunity to really dive into wedding planning, uninterrupted. It's also allowed me to spend more time with my friends, run, organize our apartment, shop, enjoy New York and be on my own one final time before committing to a life together. Don't get me wrong, I adore my fiance and can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. But there is a teeny part of me that feels sad to give up the independence and self-sufficiency I have cultivated over the years that comes with a marriage. I've come to terms with it but it was sort of fun to have this summer as my own. One final fling with myself, if you will...Alright, thanks for reading this and here's to all the wedding planning madness to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment