Sunday, September 12, 2010

Not Exactly a Post-Wedding Chop...

But it's definitely a post-wedding change! I've been a fake blonde for several years now but honestly, I'm sick of how expensive highlights are to maintain.  For real, it's ridiculous, especially in New York City (like, two hundred bones and up! Ouch!)

So with the onset of autumn and my desire to save some cash, I decided it was time to ditch the highlights and go back to my natural color (which is a sort of medium brown.)  No more trips to the hair salon for this Bee!

Anyways, for fun, here's my before picture (taken about a month before my wedding:)


Yikes, clearly not wearing make-up in the above photo but that's par for the course, we know this :)

And here's how I look now:


Definitely a change but nothing too drastic.  Some of my coworkers noticed when I walked into work the next morning and some (mostly the guys) did not. 

And if we're being really honest here, one of the minor reasons I decided to go for it was because I have this little thought in the back of my mind that you're not supposed to dye your hair when you're pregnant.  Don't get all excited, I'm definitely not knocked up (relax, Mom!) but we're slowly getting closer to that point and every little baby step (natch!) in the right direction fills me with glee.

So bring it on, fall, my hair and I are ready for you and all your hot-cider-sipping, scarf-wearing, pumpkin-carving glory! 

Did you do a post-wedding chop (or change)? 


No comments:

Post a Comment