Monday, October 4, 2010

All My Love, All My Life: First Look

You know the saying "The harder you fall, the higher you bounce?"

Well, it's particularly true at your wedding.  Or, it was at mine, anyways.  

After arriving at our venue and witnessing all the chaos caused by the rain, folks, I was majorly stressin'.  But then the rain let up for a few minutes and our photographer wanted to do our first look.

And suddenly (Like magic?) I didn't care about anything but seeing Mr Trail Mix.  In fact, I realized that I was dang excited to see him! Seriously, the transformation was practically instantaneous.  I let go of the worries and stress and once again, wedding day excitement reigned as I hurried out to meet my love.

*Thanks. Kelly, for capturing this moment so beautifully.  Be still, my heart...


Mr Trail Mix strikes a GQ pose while awaiting the onset of his beautiful (*wink) bride...


Here I come, Mr Trail Mix, comin' to getcha!

I never realized until looking at this photo that others were watching us while the first look happened.  We were so wrapped up in our own world, we didn't even notice.


I walked up to him (with a kind of impish look on my face, don't you agree?) and my heart began to pound a little bit.  My arms were shaking but I had to hold up my dress so it wouldn't get soaked!


Hilariously enough, it looks like I'm barefoot in these photos but not so fast, I'm actually wearing my beautiful, gold, JCrew shoes.  You'll see them in detail in the next post :)


Here's the abridged version of how things went down (the long version involves a few sniffly whispers and perhaps one or two lovey-dovey declarations of happiness/fulfilment, etc, all meant to be kept private. Mostly because it would bore you all to death and no one would read the rest of this post!) 


*Giggle, giggle...Tap, tap...



*Tee Hee! Here I am, all spifffed up, one bride-to-be, just like you ordered!



*Aw, You look pretty. No, you look pretty. Let's hug and kiss.  A lot.




Gosh, Mr TM is so handsome in these pictures.  It must be all the love in the air :)


See? I wasn't kidding about the hugging and kissing a lot parts!

And with that, we had officially seen each other in our formal marriage cloth and both parties approved and agreed to go through with things.  Yup, it was time to take exactly one million photos and then do the damn deed.  And despite all the obstacles thus far, we were both  super-pumped! Bring it on, wedding!

Follow along, if ya want!









2 comments:

  1. Aww. I love first look photos! It's nice that you were able to get these outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These make me want a first look so bad! What gorgeous photos you have here. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete