Monday, June 7, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

FOUR DAYS.  Yes, those capitals are necessary because when one's wedding is only FOUR DAYS away, it is impossible to think of it in any other way besides ALL CAPS. Anyways, I'm back home for the week and it's so refreshing being upstate, away from the giant sauna that is Manhattan. We've been knocking down projects right and left and for the most part, it's been smooth sailing.

However, there's been some thorns in my side, a few arch nemeses, if you will.  And so, with the wedding being FOUR DAYS away and all, here's my assessment of the good, the bad and the ugly:

The Good- I feel loved.  I've had so many texts, emails, phone calls, etc and it's wonderful to hear my friends get excited for this coming weekend.  My dad baked 212 chocolate chip cookies to put into the welcome bags, resulting in numerous extras ready for consumption while warm from the oven (wedding diet, be damned!) My brother's coming home from the West Coast on Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to being surrounded by my family and friends this weekend.

The Bad- Weather.Com is such a tease.  Granted, I started checking the 10-day forecast about 2 weeks out (I know, it makes no sense, don't ask me why) but the predicted weather has gone from a high of 82 and sunny to cloudy with 40% chance of rain to scattered thunderstorms, all within 2 days.  Can you say roller-coaster much? Stop teasing me, Weather Channel, and make up your damn mind about whether I should implement my rain plan or not because my heart cannot take it much longer!

The Ugly- The Motherfucking (pardon my french but it's really that bad) Seating Chart.  Seating chart, if you can hear me, I hope you die a thousand cruel, miserable, torturous deaths and once that's happened, I'll stab you over and over with my ballpoint pen until you are really and truly dead.  *Takes deep breath.  And that's all I have to say about that :)

June Brides, what's your good, bad and ugly?

3 comments:

  1. Very funny story. On the plus side you're getting married in 4 days! That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sweat the small stuff and don't look at the weather. It said rain for our wedding the entire week leading up to it and as I walked down the aisle the sun came out - no kidding! Just enjoy the moments and take a step back to take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't focus that much on the weather forecast but just be sure to have a plan B if it will rain on your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete