Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lookie, Lookie, Look What I Got!

It's a beautiful guest book! Alright, maybe it's not quite exciting enough to warrant that title but it's really effin' pretty and I had absolutely nothing to do with it.  Mom Trail Mix took the reins on this one, working with a local artist to create a one-of-a-kind book that is truly a work of art.


Here's the cover.  It's a textured paper and the binding was hand-sewn by the artist.  She does some kind of swirly paint thing (that's a technical term, folks) to create this marble-pattern.

Once you open the book, there's a full piece of marbled paper followed by two pages of blank paper for guests to sign.  This pattern continues for a total of about 20 pages or so, which will hopefully be plenty of space for guests to write us a nice note of some sort.

 



Aren't the swirls so dreamy? I never thought I'd be so head-over-heels for a guest book but this one has me waxing poetic and maybe even swooning a little bit. 

Here's a close-up of another blue-and-yellow delightful page:


So beautiful, right? I can't wait to display it, along with our card basket and the family wedding photos and the cocktail hour, right next to our Ketubah.  

Oooooh, and speaking of Ketubah's, my mom had ours matted and framed and I love it!  I picked out the frame at a flea market and she took care of the rest. I am confident when I say that this will definitely always be on prominent display in the Trail Mix household. 


Only a little more than a week until we sign it in the presence of our Rabbi and are officially married!!! Weeeeee!

Ok, that's all I got, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming and I'm going to return to the endless pile of wedding-related emails that I can never seem to keep up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment