Sunday, November 22, 2009

Aruba, Jamaica, Ooooh I Wanna Take Ya...

Ahhhhh, the honeymoon.  I seriously cannot wait! By the time Mr Trail Mix and I actually embark on our travels, it will have been close to 2 years since we have taken a vacation together.  I know that sounds kind of spoiled to say but before this draught, we've been used to taking at least a vacation or two each year.  So going two years without feels like forever...

I will say that the Mr and I travel very well together, which I like to think is a good sign.  It feels like when you travel with someone else, you have to get on very well with them to have a good time, which we always do.

So, dear Bees, I would like your opinion on where to go for our honeymoon.  We've narrowed down the list to 4 possibilities (although we are still open to other ideas so if you think you have a better one, shout it out!)

Idea #1- St John

We've been here before since Mr Trail Mix has very close relatives who live there.  The last time we went was in 2006 and it was one of the best vacations I've ever been on.  Mr TM's relative's have a beautiful house in Cruz Bay we could stay in (complete with it's own hot tub, deck and kitchen, yowza!) and they are always so welcoming and friendly.  This would definitely be the most economical of our options. St John's (in my mind) is one of the most beautiful places ever...


(Personal Photo)

I sooooo want to be back there right now!


(Personal Photo)

Idea #2- Costa Rica

I did a semester abroad here in Heredia, a small city in Costa Rica, when I was a junior in college but I've only been back once since 2004.  Mr Trail Mix and I took a 5-day trip there in 2008 and it was awesome!  The best way I can think of to describe CR in my mind is my home away from home, truly siempre in mi corazon.

I would love to return, because between the beaches, hiking, wild life, volcanoes, horseback riding, fresh mango smoothies, fishing and zip lines, there is more than enough of the perfect combination of beach relaxing time and wild adventure time for any and everyone, no matter which perfect, little beach town you end up at....

The last time we went, we stayed in Manuel Antonio, which is about 3 hours south of San Jose...I'd love to get back to the Guanacaste Peninsula and re-visit some of my favorite sleepy surfer villages....Serious bliss.


(Personal Photo)

Idea #3- Brazil

Between Rio and Buzios, it's the perfect combination of old city architecture and beautiful beach town.  I've always wanted to go to Brazil and heard nothing but good things...However, I speak Spanish, not Portugese so that's a a little bit of a downside, I would love to go somewhere Spanish-speaking so I could practice a bit. However...

I would happily drink a mojito on this beach...






Idea #4- The Galapagos Islands and Ecuador

This one would be the wildcard of the group, definitely the hardest to coordinate but possibly the coolest.  I will say, it has always been one of the top places Mr Trail Mix has wanted to visit at some point in his life.

I think the wildlife is a big draw for the Mr...




Plus, the cities of Ecuador are unbelievably beautiful ...


\

Hmmmm, this not going to be a easy choice...I think I have several good options for the honeymoon but I'm  pretty undecided about where which one to choose...All four have appeal but a lot of the decision will have to be based on our budget and what kind of job Mr Trail Mix is able to obtain after finishing school in May...

If money were no object, which one of these four would you choose and why??

Anyone honeymooned at any of these places??



1 comment:

  1. I am typically all about a honeymoon to a place at least one of you has never been to. But you can't go wrong with St John's if you know you had a great vacation and a great deal with a place to stay there. I guess it will really depend on what type of atmosphere you are looking for...lots of cool activities, culture, or simple relaxation? Whichever you choose, they all sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete