Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Card Games

Ok, guess how many of the same card Mr Trail Mix and I received at our engagement party? Three, you might say? Four, eyes opening a little wider? Five, in shocked disbelief? Nope, no, and negatory.

I am impressed to announce that we received the same engagement card from EIGHT different people.  Yes, you read that correctly, eight. How funny is that? I think it's time for Hallmark to step up their game in the e-card department, eh? I'm not going to post the card because I don't want anyone to feel badly in case they're reading this but it's a very sweet engagement card.  That we have now read 8 times.  Too bad no one wrote in pencil so I could erase it and re-gift it on to another engaged couple.

So the next time you run off to buy an engagement card for someone, maybe skip the Hallmark section and try one of these:









Note: The suggestion to use one of these cards as an engagement card was tongue-in-cheek.  I do not actually recommend using any of these :)

Alright, just for fun, here's a few pretty one's from my two go-to stores for cards, Papyrus or Kate's Paperie...









What's your go-to store for good engagement or wedding cards? Any crafty readers make their own cards?

3 comments:

  1. That happened to us at college graduation (though nowhere near 8 of the same one!)

    Hope it was at least cute like the last few that you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny...we only got about 3 engagement cards total from all our family and friends. Isn't that silly? (sigh) I like your suggestions...in my family (mainly my sis), we would totally go with one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got a lot of cards! We only got 1 or 2...ouch! My MOH just got engaged, and I found her one that I loved. Front: All you need is love... Inside: And a venue, and a dress, and flowers, and...Congratulations on your engagement!

    Haha, had to clue her in to the reality of wedding planning STAT! ;)

    ReplyDelete