Monday, January 25, 2010

The Final Table Number Post

Yes, you read that correctly.  I have finally reached the end of my table number saga.  If you're particularly intrigued bored, you can read the first three parts here, here and here...

The worst part about putting all this thought, effort and time into the table numbers is that they are one of those things that no one's going to notice! Seriously, if I get even one comment about these during or after the wedding, I will be happy (and surprised.)

But I suppose it's my prerogative as a slightly-obsessed bride (ok, fine, some might call me psycho, it's cool...) to put as little or as much time into these minute details as I want.  And hot damn, I put a lot of time into these bad boys.

I ordered lots of absolutely beautiful decorative paper from DickBlick Art Materials. Not only did I order two separate packs in specific color schemes but the store also offers scrap paper by the 1/2 or pound, like the example below. It comes in all shapes, colors and sizes so don't bet on getting anything in specific but the scraps I got are so freakin gorgeous, it didn't even matter!





Once the papers arrived on my door, I set to work, carefully using my exacto knife to cut out the numbers.  I already talked about how I made them in my last table number post so I won't bore you with the details again (see this post if you're really interested.) I got up to number 12 (out of 22) and then decided I hated them, they looked like a 5-year-old had made them and promptly threw them all in the garbage and called for reinforcements.

Luckily, Bridesmaid D is tremendously talented in the realm of crafts and she came over one Saturday afternoon to help me make these happen.

And now I present the final product.  Tada!


(Personal Photo)

And the best part is? They're reversible! I used the cut-out number for the other side.


(Personal Photo)

And one more shot of them all laid out on the table.


(Personal Photo)

I'll confess, I'm a little bit on love with them.  Even if no one notices or comments on them.  Even if I could have had them made for cheaper on Etsy.  Even though they're not perfect and don't look professionally made. I love 'em.  And that, my friends, is really the crux of the matter.

What's your detailed project that you're in love with but no one else will notice?




3 comments:

  1. Actually, I came up with an idea for table numbers (through Martha Stewart) that I am so in love with. And I showed my mom and sister and florist and coordinator and they all loved it and said they'd never seen it. So I think I'll probably get lots of compliments on the table number idea :)

    The other thing I am DIY'ing is a special surprise for the ceremony that I know for a fact I'll get tons of compliments on :) More to come on that in the next month or so.

    I guess the DIY type things most won't notice but I absolutely love are just the little stationery items my sister and I designed to go along with our invitation graphic and color scheme. We put so much thought and time into designing them, printing, cutting them out, etc and no one will ever care or notice :)

    Your table numbers are great and totally unique to you. Something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so awesome! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out great! Love the variety with all the different paper!

    ReplyDelete