Sunday, October 25, 2009

An Ode to Beautiful Lighting

Lights and lanterns, you brighten (ha!) my wedding world and I can't stop looking pictures of magical outdoor weddings with incredible lighting. So much so that while I was once certain of my lighting concepts, I am now a doubting Thomas (Sidenote: Is there a female version of the phrase doubting Thomas? Doubting Thomasina?)

Let's start with lanterns. I love this shot with the setting sun pouring light into the room. Gorgeous.


I had never considered rectangular lanterns until I saw this picture. The bamboo poles give the overall look a slight asian flare and it reminds me of a Japanese garden party. So elegant.


Magicalness.

Tiny lights give an intimate party feel. Le bliss.


These big lights I believe are called cafe lights. Color me in love.


I love the way these lights look in pictures. They give the shot an old-fashioned, vintage theme.


Dreamy Dream.


My wedding's going to be in a big tent and I think any one of these ideas will look wonderful but I can't decide which one to pursue. What lighting do you like? Lanterns? Cafe lights? Perhaps a mix of the two?





3 comments: