Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stop The Madness!

It's just over eight weeks until W-day and I have officially put a moratorium on all new craft projects.  When I consider all that I've done, I think it's finally time to say enough.


Bye-bye to dreams of the beautiful lace candle holders from Martha Stewart!


This official end to all things DIY came to me when I realized how overwhelmed I felt thinking about the new projects I potentially wanted to add to my list.

Divine little tags with the flavors of the chocolates for our new favors (tied with the adorable bakers twine we all go gaga for?) No, I say, let the chocolate shoppe package them up for me with a in a plain clear plastic bag and a gold twisty tie and I'll be on my merry way.

Tissue paper poufs a la Martha Stewart to decorate the entranceway to our ceremony site now that we've officially move it indoors? HA! Let the florist figure out how to decorate that space (and fresh flowers are the best decorations, anyways...)

Fancy, matted, specially-cut and printed menu cards? How about a Word document and my trusty local Staples instead...

You see where I'm going with this? I read early on in my planning adventure to stop adding projects to one's list at six weeks out.  Well, I'm just over eight weeks out but I feel that this is a necessary step to preserve my sanity.

And girlfriends, let me tell you, it feels so good.  Like, I'm free as a bird and want to skip and run and hop about with glee because there will be no more frustrations over craft projects for me!

There's lots of small projectitas to finish up and plenty to keep me busy until the big day but I feel this is the right decision.  And so I have laid my scalloped scissors by the wayside and put my papercutter out of site.  The glue gun has gone on vacation to Hawaii and my paper puncher's officially retired due to a broken spring.  We had a good run, me and all my craft supplies but stick a fork in me and turn me over because when it comes to crafting, I. AM. DONE.

When did you decide it was time to stop crafting? Or are you a glutton for punishment and will keep on going right up until wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment