Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All That Glitters...

...Is on my hand! I promised to show a picture of my engagement ring, so here we go. I didn't pick it out, although I did give Mr Trail Mix some guidelines to go by. More on that in a little bit. He did an amazing job and even though it's been more than 6 months since we got engaged, I still catch myself staring at my hand sometimes.

First pic of the ring, the day of the engagement at brunch. My mom brought me flowers, isn't that sweet?

(Personal Photo)


A close-up :)

(Personal Photo)

I took this one after reading on Weddingbee Pro Anne Ruthman's tutorial of how to take a good shot of your ring. It came out well enough, but I wish I my camera had a bigger lense so I could zoom in a bit more. I like the perfume bottle and feel of the photo but it doesn't showcase my ring as well as some other pics I've seen.

(Personal Photo)

Although Mr Trail Mix picked out the ring himself, I did give him some guidelines after we went to a jewelry store to look at ring styles. To be honest, I wish I had been more forthright at that time but I was so giggly and overcome by all the pretty diamonds that I could hardly remember my own name, let alone pick out a style I liked best. A few months later, we sat down to talk about it and I said "round stone, diamonds on the band, thin band" and this is what he picked. I love it. It's totally classic and I love what it symbolizes: I finally get to marry the love of my life!

So there's my "preciousssssss" in all it's glory.

Did you help pick out your ring? Either way, tell me about it...What does it look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment