Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Just Registered for Boston!!!!!!!!


So anyone in the running community knows that it is a big deal to run the Boston marathon. Like, a really big deal. It's definitely the most prestigious marathon in the United States, possibly the world. The entry time is pretty low, so it's not easy to qualify. However, I am happy to report that for my age category (20-29) the qualifying time is 3:40:00. I ran the New York City marathon in 3:18:26, well below the minimum needed to qualify. I'm so excited to run Boston, it's been a dream of mine for several years now and the time has come to check this race off of my to-run list!
The training is going to be rough; I'm definitely NOT a winter-runner. But I want to do well in this race so I'm just going to have to suck it up, put on my spandex, gloves, underarmour, fleece headband and fuel belt and hit the streets! I'm excited, nervous and exhilarated, all at the same time. Am I crazy for trying to run a marathon less than 2 months before my wedding? Only time will tell if this decision was good, bad or ugly. Nonetheless, I can now officially say Boston or bust!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you qualified for Boston!!!!!!! That is so, so exciting-congratulations! You are not crazy in the least for doing this before your wedding. If you need any help with spectator spots (I don't know how many people are going with you), my fiance ran it this past April and we had a killer spot at mile 10 in Natick. I'd be more than happy to fill you in if you're interested.

    I want to run Boston bad, but the most I've run is a half marathon. My discipline has really been slipping lately, so I need to get it together!

    I actually got engaged on the start line of the marathon (I posted about it back in May), so I have very fond memories! It's such a great race, the crowd is amazing. Yay for you, what an achievement!

    ReplyDelete